Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fake isn't Reality

I think it's funny how girls don't think we guys notice the little things, words spoken under-breath, that new outfit, the way you styled your hair this morning, that secret look spoken between best friends, we notice it... and even more so, we love to cause it. I like to notice the little things, in fact I even search for them.
"Are you sure you don't want a burger or something?" Kitty asked Jelly as she stuffed her mouth with french fries.
"Yeah, I'm not hungry." Jelly repeated for about the sixth time today.
Jelly had slept over last night and this morning I even made breakfast extra special, but she didn't eat any of it. She complained that she might be coming down with a stomach bug or something, and Kit shrugged it off with no concern. She may of had Kitty fooled...but she sure as hell didn't fool me, because the way her eyes gleamed...like they could burst into tears at any moment...the way she sat with her arms folded and her legs crossed so tightly. She was trying to hide something...herself.
I shot her a concerned stare, but she broke it quickly and looked the other way.

Last week Jelly had come up to the DX just to hang out, as she always did on her days off from school when the other girls were busy.
"Soda," she said, "do you think someday I could be like one of these girls in this magazine?"
I was in the middle of fixing an engine which held my whole concentration, so I unintentionally threw her question over my shoulder and gave an answer that didn't require too much thought.
"I think you can be whoever ya want." And I meant it, but that's wasn't what the situation was calling for, and I hadn't realized it at the time.
I was cleaning up the garage just before leaving work, long after Jelly had left. I picked up the magazine she was referring to when she asked me that question. Why would she want to be like one of these girls? The ones who have shiny Photoshopped skin, that flawless tan, the perfect makeup, usually dressed in something that didn't even cover half their body. Those girls aren't real, you see...after the lighting is back to normal, and the cameras are all turned off, those girls go back to being normal. Because truth is, their hair isn't perfect, their skin isn't flawless, and most of their attitudes aren't ones I'd like to be around. Everything they are is fake. Why be like that when she can be just the way she is? I didn't see anything wrong with her, and I see the little things remember?        

5 comments:

  1. Soda why'd you drop out? You should be a shrink

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? You do have some brains. :3 Plus, the Curtis family is known for being philosophical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because the media brainwashes everyone and fucks up there heads into thinking that looking like that is normal -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The media's portrayal of what a woman should like has become so warped that it is causing harm to young girls and women alike. Let her know what you think Soda... She needs to hear someone else's opinion, so she can stop listening to all that detrimental self-talk going on in her head.

    ReplyDelete